In order to use online streaming safely, and to reduce the hassle involved, I’ve compiled a list of useful resources for you.
- Adblocker – use uBlock Origin. Many streaming sites are plastered with annoying ads. Block them with this software. Free and Open Source.
- Livestreamer software. Instead of watching in your browser, you can instead stream to VLC or other media players of your choice. This is for more advanced users, involves using a command line. Free and open source.
- Acestream. Best quality, HD streams with minimal lag. Here is my guide to setting up Acestream for rugby games. Free.
- Sopcast(Windows, OS X, Ubuntu) – popular p2p desktop streaming software Website
- Acestream(Windows, Mac with workarounds) – Very popular p2p client. Download, guide
- Flash– still sticking around and often needed for streaming, the latest version comes installed with Chrome Website
- How to setup AceStream on Mac
- Setup Sopcast on Ubuntu Linux